This year, SPA will be offering a once a month parent evening, open to all middle school and high school parents, on a variety of topics. We are dedicated to bringing relevant and thought provoking topics to a community forum for the purpose of promoting student well-being, academic success and parental support. Click here to reserve your spot.
- 9/13/18 - Technology Training
- 10/11/18 - College and Career Part 1
- 11/8/18 - Mental Health
- 1/22/19 - Building Resiliency
- Join us for a parent night on Tuesday, January 22. This evening focuses on how to build resiliency skills in your student. Learn parenting practices, engage in clinical discussions, and join other members of the school community in activities. Leave this information session feeling empowered about how to help your student learn life skills.
- 2/19/19 - College and Career Part 2
- Join us for SPA’s second College Parent Night on Tuesday, February 19th. Learn about admissions requirements from college representatives of schools like California College of the Arts, University of the Pacific Conservatory of Music, and Diablo Valley College.
- 3/12/19 - Restoritive Practices
- Join the Ms. Mustafa (Dean of Students) and Mr. Maxwell (Mind/Body and Health/Wellness Teacher) on March 12th from 6-8pm and learn more about the great restorative justice work we are doing on campus and our plan for a Youth Counsel that empowers students to resolve conflicts on their own and in small peer to peer led groups. Learn about this growing practice at schools around the country and at SPA.
- 4/23/19 - CAASPP Culture Building
- Join us for an interactive workshop where SPA community members will engage in SPA’s approach to high stakes testing, strategies on creating a positive culture at home and school, and discussing what these assessments mean for the entire community and the individual student. Lead by Lisa Kingsbury, Director of Curriculum, and Brianna Shahvar, Curriculum Coach, this workshop will send community members home with an understanding of MAP and CAASPP assessments, a toolkit of strategies and an understand of the importance of high stake testing.
- May 2019 (Date and Topic to be Announced)
CLICK HERE To reserve your spot